Your Data & Tinder

Here’s the catch,

• You can request your data from Tinder, only if you have an active Tinder Account.
  • Your Data is Deleted when you are Banned.

I’ve requested my data through Subject Access Requests via GDPR (ignored) I’ve sighted (wrongly) freedom of information, the intent is there… they know what I want, they know what I’m supposed to be entitled too … they just frustrate, tactically and knowingly.

I was Banned (wrongly, why else would I bother my ass doing this site) and after my ban I immediately requested my data, I received an email weeks later completely ignoring the context of why I wanted my data, and inviting me to provide more data to prove who I was to then get what data Tinder could give me

This is the email you will get from ‘Susan’

Hello,

At Tinder, we are committed to protecting your data and privacy, as well as providing you access to the information you have provided us.

If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, please visit https://account.gotinder.com/data, securely sign into your account, click on “Download My Data”, and you will be prompted to enter your email address. You will receive a link to download your data in your email within a few days. For security reasons, this link will expire 24 hours after the email is sent.

The information you will receive through our Download My Data tool is largely already available to you through the app and may vary, depending on the way you have used Tinder. In general, this information includes content and photos you have provided us, whether directly or through your social media accounts, as well as messages you have sent and other data you would expect to see from a social media service, like Tinder.

If you have deleted your Tinder account, you will not be able to access the Download My Data portal, as you no longer have an account on Tinder. After you have deleted your account, your data is disposed of in accordance with our privacy policy.

Thank you,

Suzanne

The first problem with this is that the data isn’t available even with an account.
the second problem is, if you have been Banned as soon as you have authenticated, with your Banned account information, it redirects you to, Banned page

good work Tinder. keep it up. dickholes.

There is another message Susan will give you but it has yet 8 weeks in yielded little response

Hi,

At Tinder, we are committed to protecting your data and privacy, as well as providing you access to the information you have provided us.

For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we cannot release any personal data without first obtaining proof of identity.

In order for us to verify your identity, we kindly ask you to:

1. Email idverification@gotinder.com from the email address associated with your Tinder account.
  2. Attach a copy of a government-issued ID document (such as your passport or driving license) with all of the information redacted EXCEPT:
  • Your name
  • Your date of birth
  • Your photo

Once our team verifies your identity, we will delete the identification document that you sent us.

The information you will receive may vary depending on the way you used Tinder. In general, this information includes content and photos you provided us, whether directly or through your social media accounts, as well as messages you sent and other data you would expect to see from a social media service, like Tinder.

Thanks,

Suzanne

I’ve emailed all given addresses many times, it’s bullshit, cosmetic, lip service. assholes.

Questions I have are:

• If you don’t have identifiable information on me, how can you tell I’m Banned
  • If you have deleted my data, do you keep it in the archives (and if so, I’d like a copy as soon as possible)
  • last but not least, why are you guys so frustratingly shite at being useful

I’ve gotten more response back from the ICO via twitter then the emails I’ve sent in regards to my rights to data, and erasure. perhaps they don’t treat tinder as serious as other businesses, but if they knew the revenue and exploitation of data I’m sure it would sober them up.

very frustrating.

I’ll keep chipping away, It pisses me right off knowing I’ve given money to these assholes, because some engineer is too much of a prick to accept they have architected this really badly and many genuine customers will be banned as an acceptable side effect.

In short: Tinder isn’t giving you shit. it’s using incredibly vague, frustrating, throttled communication and language to push you further from a simple task of ‘give me my fucking data’.

The swear words are a reflection of how much time has been lost trying to communicate with these dipshits.